Hartley Brook Primary Academy is located on Sheffield’s Shiregreen Estate on the north side of the city.
We are a large primary school, with over 600 pupils, aged between 3 and 11 years old.
In March 2014, the school was judged “a good school” by Ofsted. We are proud to have achieved this status, which is due to considerable dedication and effort from the whole team of staff and wider academy community. We are committed to maintaining our rate of progress. We will build on our strengths, ensuring good practice is embedded into the school and drive forward new initiatives to enhance our performance further.
High expectation is an integral part of the culture of our Academy. We want our children to achieve their full potential and we work hard to ensure that they have every opportunity to do so.
We aspire to:
- rates of academic progress above the national average;
- attendance in line with, or above, national expectations;
- exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning and social relationships;
- effective removal of barriers to learning for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
- the development of employability and enterprise skills, with a particular focus on literacy and communication, independence and aspiration; and
- staff are challenged and supported to be at least ‘good’ with much ‘outstanding’ practice.
Please click here to see the schools performance table