Being online and using the internet is just like being in the real world – you can chat to people, play games and share pictures. But sometimes things happen which can make you upset. People may say nasty things to you which upset you, or you may see something that you don’t like.
If this happens, you must remember that it’s not your fault and report it.
HOW TO REPORT
If something makes you uncomfortable on a tablet, computer or anything else;
Click on Hector the dolphin or cover the screen
Tell an adult straight away
You can report any concerns at all, whether at home
or school or about you or a friend to the Online Safety Team using
the confide button or by coming to see Mrs Broadway or an adult you trust.
At Any Time
- ALWAYS TELL A TRUSTED ADULT straight away if you are upset or worried about something that has happened online .
- Remember to SAVE ANY MESSAGES that have upset you so you can show them to who you tell – they will be able to help, and they will be able to give you good advice about what else you can do. Never worry about getting in trouble – you aren’t the one who has done anything wrong.
- If you don’t want to talk to a trusted adult, you may want to chat to someone else about how you feel. ChildLine is a site where you can have a private 1-2-1 chat with a counsellor who will listen to you and not judge you. You can also call them for free on 0800 1111 and it won’t show up on your phone bill.
The CEOP report button will be on many of the sites you visit online – or come back here!
Fun Games & Links
- TeensThinkUknow – http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
- Chatdanger – http://www.chatdanger.com/
- ThinkUknow YouTube Channel –http://www.youtube.com/user/thinkuknow
- NetSmartz Workshop – http://www.netsmartz.org/
- Childnet – http://www.childnet.com/
- Kidsmart –http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/
The Best (and safest!) Search Engines
Please Note: The Hartley Brook Academy is not responsible for any content on external sites.