Hartley Brook’s aim is to enable every child to reach their full potential across the curriculum by providing a rich and relevant curriculum that embraces a range of teaching styles and experiences and is based upon direct first hand experience.
The curriculum follows the requirements of the National Curriculum and is organised in a way that engages and interests pupils as they develop and apply their skills and knowledge. The content is organised in themes that draw from each of the areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development;
- Communication, Language and Literacy;
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy;
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World;
- Physical Development; and
- Creative Development.