Hartley Brook’s vision is to provide high quality, inclusive Physical Education (PE) and sport for all children. To allow this the school has employed an experienced specialised PE teacher Mrs Alcock to work alongside the current sports coach Mr Brown to focus on developing two main areas:
1. Improving the quality of PE
2. Increasing participation in PE and sport.
In order to improve the quality of PE we will:-
- Provide structured fun lessons suitable for all abilities in a variety of activities e.g Gymnastics, Netball, Football, Fitness, Dance, Athletics, Rounders, Cricket, and Basketball
- Introduce new activities into the curriculum
- Create exciting schemes of work which can be shared with staff in school
- Ensure staff have access to training to improve their subject knowledge
- Purchase sport specific equipment to engage and extend learning in lessons.
What is Sports Premium funding?
The Sports Premium Funding is an initiative facilitated by the current Government to enhance the provision of P.E. and School Sport in primary schools. Each year, primary schools receive a lump sum depending on the number of pupils on roll and then a further amount per pupil on roll. In order to get the best value and maximum impact for our children and meet the government guidance it is important we spend the money wisely and plan for sustainability.
Hartley Brook’s vision is to provide high quality, inclusive Physical Education (PE) and sport for all children and incorporates all of Astrea’s core values. PE and sport
challenges us to build RESILIENCE through participation in physical activity
encourages EMPATHY through teamwork, coaching and fun experiences
ignites ASPIRATION by creating opportunities to shine
supports us to engage, collaborate and make our own CONTRIBUTION to an active school
brings HAPPINESS to all
The school will use the funding to continue to develop its P.E curriculum and provide our children with opportunities to enable them to lead a healthy, active lifestyle. This will be achieved through
- Increased participation rates in sport
- Providing opportunities for competition
- Ensuring provision is inclusive, wide ranging and provides alternative sporting activities
The impact of the sports premium funding will be reported to Governors annually and the report will be on the website for parents to view
Previous Academy Sport Premium reports available here.