A warm welcome to our website.
Hartley Brook Primary Academy is located on Sheffield’s Shiregreen Estate on the north side of the city.
We are a large primary school, with over 620 pupils, aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Hartley Brook is proud to be part of Astrea Academy Trust. This means we are part of a family of schools within South Yorkshire and Cambridgeshire. Astrea aims to provide every child with a brilliant education by pursuing aspirational standards with tenacity and drive.
We are committed to maintaining our rate of progress. We will build on our strengths, ensuring good practice is embedded into the school and drive forward new initiatives to enhance our performance further.
High expectation is an integral part of the culture of our Academy. We want our children to achieve their full potential and we work hard to ensure that they have every opportunity to do so.
Our Core Values are:-
We aspire to:
- rates of academic progress above the national average;
- attendance in line with, or above, national expectations;
- exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning and social relationships;
- effective removal of barriers to learning for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
- the development of employability and enterprise skills, with a particular focus on literacy and communication, independence and aspiration; and
- staff are challenged and supported to be at least ‘good’ with much ‘outstanding’ practice.
Please click here to see the schools performance table
Sheffield Schools Active Awards 2022/23
We strive to ensure all parents, pupils and visitors can access the site to fully participate in school life. If you require special assistance, our staff are here to help and support you.
We have a wider car parking space if required, seating in reception, disabled toilet facilities and are able to reserve seats at all our school events.
Please see policies section for the accessibility policy (statement and plan)