Admissions to Hartley Brook Primary Academy
The Academy has adopted the local authority’s policy for admissions and applications for places at Hartley Brook Primary Academy will be made in accordance with the ‘Co- ordinated Admission Arrangements’ which forms part of the Local Authority’s (LA) published admission arrangements.
Applications must be made on the common application form (CAF) which is provided by the Local Authority. Full details can be found by clicking the following link:- Primary school places – Sheffield City Council Online.
Any parent wishing to consider Hartley Brook Primary Academy for their child can contact the Academy for an appointment with Miss Renshaw who is our Attendance and Admissions Lead
If your application for a place is unsuccessful, parents have a right of appeal and should contact the Primary Admissions Team. The Admissions Working Party, an impartial tribunal, hears appeals; their decision is final. Parents can only appeal once for any academic year unless there has been a change in circumstances relevant to the application. More information and an online application form is available on the Sheffield Council admissions website.
Primary Admissions Team contact details:
3rd Floor, Howden House
Sheffield S1 2SH
Telephone: 0114 273 5766
On-time primary admissions appeal timescales 2021/2022:
- Primary National Allocation Date 16 April 2021 – email notifications sent 16 April 2021
- Deadline for lodging appeal is 14 May 2021 – 28 calendar days from the date of notification
- Notification of appeal hearing – at least 14 calendar days’ notice
- All effort will be made to hear appeals as soon as reasonably practicable
- Appeals received after 14 May 2021 – appeals to be heard as soon as reasonably practicable